Oahu has one of the better bus systems in the United States.TheBus is supplied by the City & County of Honolulu and has been “America’s Best Transit System” twice. The Reader’s Digest named TheBus to its “America’s 100 Best” list that spotlights people, places, things and ideas that make “the nation worth celebrating".
One-Way Fare: $1.00
Fare applicable with valid Person with Disability Identification (ID) Card.
Transfer: One (1) FREE with each paid cash fare
Riders who pay a cash fare, may request a transfer upon boarding. The transfer is valid for two (2) hours and expires at the time shown at the top of the transfer. The rider may keep the transfer for use on subsequent bus connections, made within the two (2) hour valid period.
TheBus Person With Disability Identification (ID) Card: $10.00
- Initial Person with Disability Identification (ID) Card and renewals require an approved application.
- Identification Cards can only be issued at TheBus Pass Office.
- For more information: www.honolulu.gov/dts/buspass
Person With Disability Monthly Pass Sticker: $5.00
- Requires a Person With Disability ID Card, as sticker affixes to the front of the card.
- Unlimited usage for regular and Express! service during the calendar month purchased.
- Person With Disability Monthly Pass Sticker
Person With Disability Pass:
$30.00 1 year
$60.00 2 year
- Initial Person with Disability Bus Pass and renewals require an approved application.
- Pass must be purchased at TheBus Pass Office.
- Unlimited usage for regular and Express! service during the calendar year purchased.
Annual & Biennial Pass Sales Location:
TheBus Pass Office - Kalihi Transit Center
PERSON WITH DISABILITY - CLICK TO DOWNLOAD BUS PASS APPLICATION