"Who does that to kids?"
The hands of a Honolulu boy with special needs are badly burned because someone left hot charcoals at Ala Moana Beach Park. 5-year old Kellan Lee's summer fun with his family ended in the ER after he uncovered hot charcoals disguised in the dirt under a tree at the park. His mom Kelly says he, "Stuck hands right in. He was screaming and his hands were red."
City and County rules state "ashes and charcoal shall not be deposited near trees, plants, or anywhere on the ground. Live charcoal shall be deposited only in ash disposal receptacles where provided, or in refuse containers after the charcoal is completely extinguished."